Hospitalists are available 24 hours a day to ensure you receive excellent care by:
- Coordinating and managing your inpatient care, including communicating with your primary care doctor, arranging tests and following up on results, and fulfilling any pre- or post-operative needs.
- Communicating directly with you and your family to ensure you are well informed and are receiving excellent care.
- Handling any urgent situations.
- Coordinating your discharge from the hospital and follow-up care with your primary doctor or other health care professionals once you leave the hospital.
Specializing in your unique needs
Hospitalists are dedicated to making your stay at Riverview Regional Medical Center as efficient as possible. They play a key role in coordinating care with nurses, doctors and other specialists during your stay, and:
- Available 24 hours a day to answer your questions and provide care.
- Check in with you regularly to keep you informed of tests results or other care-related issues.
- Adjust your treatment regimen as needed.
- Meet regularly with all levels of hospital staff to ensure a consistent plan of treatment among all caregivers.