At Riverview Regional Medical Center, you can count on:
- Speed – Treatments given during the first three hours after a stroke can greatly reduce or even reverse the effects of stroke, so our stroke care professionals are ready to jump into action immediately.
- Expertise – Riverview Regional Medical Center’s doctors, nurses, emergency professionals and other specialists meet high educational standards, and are specially trained to identify stroke symptoms and administer the latest treatments.
- Technology – Riverview Regional Medical Center’s stroke care experts utilize the most advanced testing and imaging technology available, allowing them to identify the type of stroke within minutes so they are able to begin treatment. Our 64-slice CT scanner provides the necessary speed and resolution required for rapid imaging of blood vessels in the brain, so doctors can begin treatment as quickly as possible.
Expert treatment for stroke
Our highly trained stroke care experts are well equipped to deliver life-saving care for ischemic and hemorrhagic strokes, and can perform the latest, minimally invasive treatment options:
- Angioplasty and stent placement are used to open blocked arteries and veins.
- Embolizing agents (clotting medications) are delivered by catheter to stop blood flow resulting from hemorrhagic strokes.
- Thrombolitic therapy, which is also delivered by catheter, uses clot-dissolving medicine to treat ischemic strokes.
- Minimally invasive surgery can be used to remove a clot, or repair arteries and veins.
Stroke care extends through recovery
Our rehabilitation care is designed to help individuals regain their independence, and includes specialized services for stroke recovery. Riverview Regional Medical Center’s multidisciplinary rehabilitation team provides caring, personalized assistance to help patients meet their goals.