COVID-19 Patient and Visitor Information
In order to protect patients, visitors and staff from the spread of COVID-19, we are enacting an updated visitor policy, effective immediately. The following visitor restrictions will remain in effect until COVID-19 hospitalizations and local community positivity rates are at a level where we can lift restrictions as appropriate.
Relaxed Visitation Guidelines Effective March 3, 2022
- The visiting hours within the hospital are 5:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m
- Visitors should check with the nurses’ station to remain after 9:00 p.m.
- Visitors should sign in at the security desk to obtain a visitor’s band and to be screened for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 and the FLU
- Anyone displaying symptoms of COVID-19 or the FLU will be prohibited from visiting.
- Visitors aged 16 and above are required to show a valid photo ID when checking in at the security desk.
- Anyone under 16 years of age should be accompanied by an adult.
- Children are not to be left unattended on the premises
- Social distancing should be maintained in public areas such as the cafeteria, vending areas, waiting rooms, etc.
- Doors at the front entrance are locked after 9:00 p.m.; visitors should check-in through the Emergency Department
- All visitors should abide by posted infection control instructions before entering a patient room.
- All visitors are encouraged to wash their hands before and after visitation.
- Smoking is not allowed within the hospital or on hospital grounds. Visitors not abiding by this policy will be asked to leave the premises.
- To promote patient health, visitors should check with the nurse before bringing food or snacks to patients.
SPECIFIC DEPARTMENTAL RULES:
1. NO VISITORS ALLOWED IN COVID-19 PATIENT ROOMS
2. ONLY ONE VISITOR PER PATIENT IN THE EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT.
- *exceptions made for end-of-life situations and/or cases deemed medically necessary by Nursing Administration.
- ** Guidelines are subject to change without notice based on local COVID-19 positivity rates.