Our staff and caregivers understand the important role that visitors and support persons play and every effort is made to ensure that our patients’ support person is embraced as a valued member of the care team.
- To safeguard the comfort of all our patients, visitors are asked to talk quietly and leave promptly when visiting hours have ended.
- The visiting times and/or the number of visitors may be limited in certain circumstances – and vary unit by unit – to protect the health, safety, and privacy of our patients.
- If visitors are not feeling well or have an illness that can be transferred to our patients, please refrain from visiting.
- Visitors must follow infection control precautions, keep noise to a minimum, refrain from taking photographs or videos, and comply with restrictions on smoking, alcohol and illegal substances.
- Before entering and after leaving your loved one’s room, make sure to wash your hands.
- All children must be in the company of a responsible adult and may not be left unattended.
- ICU/CCU/CSD (third floor) 6 – 6:30 a.m., 9 – 9:30 a.m., 1 – 1:30 p.m., 5:30 – 6 p.m., 8:30 – 9 p.m. and 11 – 11:30 p.m.
- Regular admittance – 8 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult at all times and may not be permitted in patient care areas.
The doors to the main entrance are locked at 9 p.m. You may enter at the Emergency Room entrance.
Riverview’s cafeteria, located on the first floor near the main lobby, serves three meals a day for the convenience of visitors. Hours of operation are 6:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m., with convenient access to ready-to-eat salads, sandwiches, grill items and snacks.
Breakfast: 6:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
Lunch: 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Dinner: 4:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Please note that our Grill closes at 2 p.m.
Finding a Patient
Staff members at the main lobby information desk will be able to tell you the room number and directions to a patient’s room. It is advisable to check with the nursing station once you’ve arrived on the floor to be sure the patient is available and accepting visitors.
A gift shop offering a variety of items, including cards, gifts and home décor, is located on the first floor near the main lobby entrance. Hours of operation are:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Wednesday: 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Riverview’s telephone operators are available around the clock. For assistance, call the hospital switchboard at 256-543-5200.
Riverview is equipped with Wi-Fi services, allowing patients and visitors to access the Internet during a visit to our hospital. Please remember and remind guests that Riverview is not responsible for loss or damage to personal property.
Making Telephone Calls
- For local calls from all hospital phones, dial “9” and then the number.
- To call a patient from outside the hospital, dial 256-543-5 and the three-digit room number. For further assistance, call the hospital switchboard at 256-543-5200.
Visitor parking is located in front of the hospital in the main parking lot. Additional parking for emergency patients is located adjacent to the Emergency Department.
Pastoral Care and Chapel Services
Pastoral care and counseling is provided by volunteer chaplains who are available to assist patients and their families at any hour. An interfaith chapel is provided for prayer and meditation, and may be used by you, your minister or your family and friends. It is open at all times and is located next to the Emergency Room on the third floor.
If you have concerns or issues at any point during your visit, please contact our Patient Advocate at 256-543-5281. We welcome your comments and suggestions on how we can improve our services to you and your family members or guests.
Patients can be picked up at the Main Entrance seven days a week. Additional pick-up areas are available near the Emergency entrance.
Restrooms and Vending Machines
Handicapped-accessible restrooms are located in or near visitor waiting rooms and in the main hallway toward the front of the building. Vending machines are located in the hospital next to the cafeteria on the first floor.
Riverview Regional Medical Center is a smoke-free environment. Smoking in and around all areas of the hospital and affiliated sites is prohibited.
If you have any special needs, please talk to your doctor or nurse about services available. Some of our special services include:
- Interpreters – If your English is limited or if you are speech or hearing impaired, please ask your doctor or nurse to contact us and an interpreter will be requested for you.
- Wheelchairs – Patients and visitors with limited mobility may utilize wheelchairs to assist in mobility. A wheelchair can be provided by staff members at the information desk in the main lobby.
- Handicapped-accessible – Riverview is equipped with handicapped-accessible entrances, restrooms and elevators.